May 26, 2022 | Communications | 703 views
Vacant Board Positions ... We Need YOU!
MTMHA has two vacancies to fill within our Board of Directors. It is important that we fill these positions soon to allow sufficient training prior to the start of the 2022 / 2023 season.
We are currently seeking a motivated and organized individual to fill the role of Ice Scheduler & Director of FUNdamental Hockey
. The Executive will provide training & mentoring to anyone interested in these roles.
List of Duties include:
1. Prepare a budget for yearly ice costs, to include: Travel teams, Four counties teams, House League teams, hockey school, travel team try-outs and goaltending school.
2. Draft ice schedule in consultation with the Directors of Travel Team, Four counties and House Leagues by mid September of current hockey season. The final schedule must be approved by the Directors of Travel Teams, Four Counties and House Leagues before distribution to all teams.
3. Approve the actual ice usage of MTMHA
4. Coordinate with the Directors of Travel Teams, Four Counties and House Leagues and Referee in Chief to assign referees for all home games.
Director of FUNdamental Hockey
List of Duties include:
1. Prepare and submit a yearly budget to the Finance Committee.
2. Coordinate active communications to and from Fundamentals Directors and hockey coaches.
3. Receive all applications for coaching positions, coordinate coaches’ selection process for the Fundamentals hockey teams, and assign coaching positions following the Guidelines established by the MTMHA for the selection of coaches.
4. Ensure OMHA rosters are completed and sent to OMHA by OMHA Representative as required.
5. Report all injuries sustained by Fundamentals Hockey players that require medical attention within 72 hours of the incident to the Director of the Finance Committee and Risk Management Officer
6. Hold meetings with coaches and managers of Fundamentals Hockey teams as necessary
7. Supervise and manage general operation of Fundamentals Hockey.
8. Advise Director of Finance and Administrative Committee of any Fundamentals Hockey player injuries that need medical attention within 72 hours of the accident.
9. Submit all disputes to Risk Management Office and recommend action in response.
10. Assist conveners with scheduling.
11. Ensure O.M.H.A. rosters are completed.
12. Report any news, statistics and achievements to Director of Communications.
13. Assist conveners in balancing teams by the third (3rd) game of the season.
14. In conjunction with the other Directors determine number of tournaments each team can participate in during the season and communicate it to the teams.
15. Supervise general operations of Fundamentals Hockey.
16. Organize and execute Minor Hockey Day.
If you are interested in this position and would like to join the MTMHA President, Geoff Dale at [email protected] to express your interest.